Just thinking out loud..
Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed this?
For quite some time now, I’ve been exploring, visiting, and researching venues where I can pursue my work as a DJ, specifically focusing on the "flashback" style.
I’m old school, and classics across various genres are my home turf. So I thought to myself: I’ll do some research and find a cool spot to bring back those moments, creating a great atmosphere for couples, families, and friends looking to dance, sing along, and have a good time with classics from rock, disco, funk, soul, rap, hip-hop, house, pop, techno, and of course the romantic ballads that brought so many couples together.
And, incredible as it may seem, I still haven't been able to identify that opportunity.
Just yesterday, I was remarking that whenever I go to restaurants and bars, I miss having a DJ there playing music that gets the dance floor moving, that brings positive energy, that stirs the listeners' emotions, and that takes the guests on a trip back in time, reconnecting them with their memories.
I feel that the sheer "excess" of options available doesn't always sync up with what people are actually looking for.
And I think it’s high time we got back to basics, to what is simple, and to what just makes sense.
I’m certain that I’ll still see couples vying for space on the dance floor; friends singing along at their tables, reminiscing about the good times they’ve shared, couples reliving the days of their first romance, and who knows? Just maybe, I’ll even see those old-school handwritten notes being passed around to spark new romances. You never know...

Comments
Post a Comment
appreciate your participation.